Saturday, April 26, 2008

I see shopping in my future

Thursday was the Boy's 12th birthday. The twelve years that he's been on this earth have been joyous, loud, frustrating, and funny. We gave him his present on the day of his birthday, but since it was a school day and there were karate classes after school, we are having a celebration today.

I have to bake a cake, and I've been trying for days to get out of the Boy what he wanted for dinner. Since he hasn't decided, we made the decision for him. We're doing homemade pizza. I don't have the fixin's here. I'll have to hit the grocery.

Before I go to the grocery, I'm going to the yarn store! I don't have that big of a stash, and I don't have a dk weight wool yarn in order to do the hem linings on my 'go to' sweater. I want to use a lighter weight wool to reduce the bulk at the cuffs.

I misspoke. I do have the correct wool, but its my Koigu. I really don't want to dip into the 3 skeins I have. And it's orange. There are shades of pink in my brown sweater, and I was hoping to use a pink for the lining. Although the orange would be pretty, also. I'm waffling.

Don't need waffles from the grocery, I have plenty, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: