Saturday, April 19, 2008

That's It?

After about 5 days of beautiful weather, we're back to rainy and cool just in time for the weekend. Not that the weekends mean the same to me since I became a stay at home frump. Every day is a week day! This is by far the most difficult job I've had, ever. Enough proselytising.

We had the most exciting thing happen to us in this area in years, and I slept through it. Apparently I missed the aftershock also.

Last weekend in Gurnee did not yield much knitting time as I had planned. The first day of the kidlet's tournament found me working a scorekeeper's table. But what are you going to do when the kidlet's sensei (who also happens to be the head ref at one of the rings) points at you and summons you by the power of his finger?

There were other powerful fingers at the tournament. I witnessed another ref walk in front of a group of young competitors sitting on the floor. All he had to do was point with his finger, and they all scooted back several feet. I must learn the power of the finger from the sensei.

I did get a little knitting time in on the second day. I'm now on the yoke of the 'go to' sweater. No pictures, it's just more stockinette. Maybe I'll get it finished in time for warmer weather, if it ever comes.

No comments: