Wednesday, July 09, 2008

He Still Surprises Me

After nearly 15 years of marriage the Husband still manages to pull one out of his hat and do something totally unexpected. Yesterday I had to go work my silly little part time job (merchandising). It was going to be a little project so I was only going to be gone 3 hours.

As I was leaving the Husband and the kidlets were sitting in their usual summer positions - in front of the t.v. I yelled on my way to the garage that I would like to have the load of whites in the dryer folded and the kitchen clean by the time I got back.

I returned to an unclean kitchen and underwear and socks dropped in intervals from the dryer across the kitchen floor to the family room. I suppose they were leaving crumbs so they could find their way back to the laundry room seeing as how I'm the only one in the family that knows where it is.

I only had an hour on my return before I had to drag the kidlets to karate. So I knuckled down and took a 1/2 nap. When I got up I grabbed the Araucania that I have in the stash to start on pair number 3 for the Summer of Socks 08. Picture(Here's completed pair number 2)

I got out the ball winder (I have no swift - must remedy this), cut off the label and proceeded to cuss because I had cut the yarn at an inconvenient place. Now I was going to have 3 balls of yarn from this hank!

I wound two of the balls, started on the third and ended up with a pile of yarn vomit on the table but could go no further because it was time to leave. Again, on my way out the door with the kidlets I yelled to no one in particular in my most sarcastic voice, "Thanks for cleaning the kitchen,guys!"

During my two hours at the dojo the Husband called wanting to know what we were doing about dinner, and to let me know that he straightened out the yarn vomit and wound it. Wow. He said he knew how much I hated it when the yarn got tangled, so he finished for me. Wow.

And the kitchen was clean when I got home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that life in a nutshell?!
Happy Knitting!

alltangledup said...

lucky girl.... definitely a keeper