Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. I've been stuck in the house, except for a trip to the grocery, for about 6 days. First the Girl was sick with the classic flu. Right about the time she started feeling better, Thing 1 and Thing 2 started with the symptoms. It's their turn to stay home from school. I suppose it's only a matter of time before the Boy gets it. I usually do my running during school hours. Those of you that are parents understand. Consequently, my nails look like this. I didn't blur the photo on purpose. Have you ever tried to take a photo with your left hand while the camera controls are on the right?

blog 001

It looks like it will be a few more days before I can get them done. It's the one little luxury I allow myself, well, that and the yarn...and the chocolate...and the occassional glass of wine.

2. I ripped the drunken scarf swatch, and started in earnest on the pattern. This is the first thing that I have knit using the exact yarn in the exact colors recommended, and it's still fun. There aren't any tricky techniques or stitches, but it is managing to keep my interest. I'm sure it's because of all of the color changes and constantly turning it this way and that to pick up stitches. This pattern is not for those of you with a 'weaving aversion'.

blog 002
There's the other hand with the horrid manicure.

3. The other day I was at the Husband's work place(the police academy), and saw a flyer advertising for instructors in various subjects(cardio kick boxing, woodworking, painting, etc). It is for the "adult enrichment" division of the school. I jokingly said, "What, no knitting?" He promptly jumped up, ran into his supervisor's office and told her that I would teach a knitting class! I've got to learn to keep my mouth shut around that man.

No comments: