Saturday, December 19, 2009

In the Bleak Midwinter

This morning was the first day of Christmas break, or as the Husband has taken to calling it, "Daddypalooza". The Husband and the Kidlets will be under foot for the next two weeks.

My day started with a headache. This after awakening at 6:30am to the sound of the cat wanting out of the bedroom, a rollicking discussion with the Husband as to who was going to get up and let her out, and the Husband deciding that "his" two weeks were not going to be wasted lolly gagging about in bed. He proceeded to grab his trumpet, flip on the lights and play "Reveille". Hence, the headache.

I know that the next two weeks I will hear a nonstop barrage of "mom,mom,mom, mom, Kaaaarrren, mom, mom, mom, Kaaarrren." Good thing I have a full bottle of ibuprofen and a lock on the bedroom door. Now if I can just find the stash of chocolate....

No comments: