Saturday, September 20, 2008

We are a Rare Breed

What makes knitters the eternal optimist glass half full type of person? This past week when many here in Ohio were (and still) without power, did we knitters get upset? No we did not, thankyavurymuch. I know that I among others thought, "Yea, verily, yea. Knitting time without annoying electronic distractions." Although distractions of a kid type were increased by whines of "I wanna play the Playstation" and "there's nothing to doooooo", "Mooom, make him stop bothering meeeee". My all time favorite is the high pitched girl scream of "Get out of my room!" followed by the slamming of the door.

Maybe we are the optimist (or the fool, I think sometimes the two are interchangeable), because we continue to knit on a sweater that after having laid it aside for a few days, pick it up, double check which size we are working on because we can't remember, realize that we are working on a size too small for us, but continue to knit it because our optimist (foolish) brain thinks it will some how be 'all right'. (How's that for a run on sentence?)



Hence, the non-end woven, armpit ungrafted, Sitcom Chic. Even though I knew that I should have done the bigger size, because there was no way this was going to close over my 'hey my eyes are up here', I kept knitting.

When I finally admitted it to my self I did what any foolish (let's call a spade a spade, shall we?) knitter would do. I cast on another sweater. It's going to be a green Malabrigo cardigan.



I know that this one will fit or my name isn't Edna Krabappel.

No comments: