Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Just What I Needed

This past weekend fit the bill. The Husband and I went to the Great Big Sea concert in Akron. It was bloody brilliant. I think if you had never heard of them and happened to bumble by, you still would have had a good time. But I'm a fan.

I did knit all through Jeremy Fisher's act (the opener), but it wasn't out of boredom. His set allowed for that type of behavior. He's just a guy with a guitar but still very entertaining.

I was able to cast on for the Husband's Tabi socks he requested for Iai-do during Jeremy's set and complete the ribbing and about two rounds of the stockinette before the headliner.

After a late night watching HBO at the hotel (a real treat since I refuse to get cable or a satellite over the family's objections) and a nice breakfast with family that lives in Cuyahoga Falls, we were back home.

Back to reality after a weekend of feeling like an unmarried woman without kids who has the whole world ahead of her. Needless to say Monday was a bit of a let down. It's just an "ordinary day, but it's all your state of mind." - "Ordinary Day" by Great Big Sea

No comments: