Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mommmmm, I'm boooored


Those of us that have kids all know that sound. Those of us that were kids know that sound.


When I signed up for this gig, I don't recall "social director" being on the form. Cook, laundress, scullery maid, and orifice wiper were definitely on the list of duties. Social director, not so much.


So when I heard that keening cry coming from the Girl two weeks ago during spring break, I promptly suggested she knit something. The idea stuck like a lip locked pair of teenage prom dates.


With every ball of yarn she pulled out of my stash, I quickly dashed her hopes. 420m ball of Kauni? Nope, need that for a sweater. Purple ball of Galway? Future sweater.


Her response? Eye rolling and sass.


So we went to the LYS, after an hour and one half, she finally picked out a ball of Malabrigo in a pretty blue. She has 1 1/2 row of her swatch done. Did I mention this was two weeks ago?


Meanwhile, here's a picture of a huge pretzel with the ball of yarn and minuscule swatch thrown in for scale.

1 comment:

Karen's daughter-Mac said...

Yummy that pretzel was delicious!