Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Punch in the Gut

My father has passed away, and I feel as though the wind has been knocked out of me. In order to cope with the grief, I keep busy. Busy making funeral arrangements, busy cleaning, busy bringing order to the paper work nightmare that is his will and numerous accounts. But the one thing I have not been busy doing is knitting. I just don't want to.

I'm sure I'll get back into it soon. I find it interesting, in a detached way, that the one thing that knit bloggers the world over say is the 'new yoga' and that comforts them when they are stressed, anxious, sad, etc., is the farthest thing from my mind right now.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank those of you whose blogs I read. With your cheery pictures of beautiful, colorful knitting, you remind me that life goes on and that spring will come. I know this intellectually having also lost my mother some years ago, but I also need to feel it in my heart. Reading recently neglected blogs helps me to forget about my woes for a while which I know is part of my healing. Thank you.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your father.