Monday, January 28, 2008

WOOHOO!

I got to raise the "percent completed" amount in Ravelry for the 'go to' sweater and the Husband's aran. I know, I know, the blog has been rather slim on the knitting lately. I'm trying to get these two projects done before I move onto another.

There have been no pictures, because it's just more of the same. Although I did rip out the 5 inches of sleeve that I had completed on the 'go to' sweater. I'm going to start over and work on it at the tire place today while I wait for them to put two new tires on the Husband's Jeep.

If you've ever worked with kettle dyed wool like Malabrigo, you know that you need to work from two different skeins and switch every two rows or so in order to blend the colors. This is because there are no dye lots in kettle dyed wool. No two skeins are exactly alike. In order to not have an obvious difference in your project where you had to start with a new skein, you need to work with two and switch every row or two just like you are doing stripes.

Well, where I was switching skeins was right at the beginning of a new dpn. In order not to have ladders, I was pulling the first stitch tighter. I decided I was pulling this stitch a little too tight. So I ripped.

Then I got the brilliant idea of magic looping the sleeve. Unfortunately, I've misplaced one of the 32" cables that came with my Options set (the other is in use in the Husband's aran). I'm not going to use the 24", because I think it will be too short to work with comfortably once I get a few more stitches on the needles due to increasing.

With this conundrum at hand, I went online shopping! Hi, honey! I only spent about $18 - including shipping! I bought extra cables, and those little marker things that you hang on the cables to remind yourself what size needle you were using should you need to remove the pointy part of the needle. Oh, yeah, I did buy two skeins of Alpaca Cloud that was on sale to make Ene's Scarf. Shhhhh! I don't want the Husband to know! He thinks I have enough yarn. Silly man.

No comments: